A countertop oven is a versatile appliance that is suitable for just about every type of kitchen. Whether you just need something convenient to reheat frozen pizza or you wish to cook a multiple course meal for your family, today’s toaster ovens are capable of making your life easier and your food taste better. If you are looking to eat healthy then having one of these ovens at your disposal is going to simplify everything for you and make it more fun to achieve your dietary goals. Finding the best toaster oven for your beloved kitchen will change the way you cook and help you take back control of what you feed your family. Below are just some of the healthy recipes that you can prepare using one of these machines.
1. Mini breakfast pizza
A mini breakfast pizza offers a fun and healthy way to start off your day. You can easily cook a mini breakfast pizza in your oven as long as you have all the required ingredients. The main ingredients include a tablespoon of sugar, a pinch of salt, eggs, pizza sauce, Italian cheese, split, English muffins and dried oregano leaves. A mini breakfast pizza has loads of health benefits to offer, For instance, the whole grain English muffins provide plenty of fiber which can help ease your digestion and keep you feeling fuller for several hours. The eggs are also a plentiful source of protein. Here is how you can prepare a mini breakfast pizza.
- Preheat the oven toaster to 350 degrees
- Line the oven tray with an aluminum foil
- Cut the English muffins into halves, toast them in the toaster oven.
- Remove the English muffin from the oven toaster and then sprinkle them lightly with dry oregano leaves.
- Combine the eggs, sugar, salt, split and pizza sauce in a small bowl and keep it aside.
- Take a nonstick skillet, heat it up to medium heat and then melt the Italian cheese.
- Add the mixture in the small bowl to the skillet
- Carefully arrange the English muffins on the skillet and the bake for 10 minutes.
2. Baked cinnamon bananas
You will definitely love this recipe, especially if you love bananas. It is a healthy breakfast that you can serve to your family on weekends. Its main ingredients include ripe bananas, honey, lemon juice and ground cinnamon. Baked cinnamon bananas also have a couple of health benefits to offer. For instance, the bananas are loaded with potassium, which is known to lower blood pressure and reduce risk of stroke. The cinnamon also plays a crucial role in maintaining healthy blood sugar. Here is how you can prepare baked cinnamon bananas in your toaster oven.
- Line a tray with a nonstick aluminum foil.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly brush the peeled and sliced bananas with lemon juice.
- Spread honey over the bananas and then place them on the toaster tray before sprinkling them lightly with cinnamon
- Bake for about 10 minutes prior to removing the bananas from the oven.
3. Blueberry cornbread muffins
This is one of the healthiest toaster oven recipes you can prepare in your home. The main ingredients needed include buttermilk, cornmeal, whole-wheat flour, fresh blueberries, applesauce, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and sugar. The blueberries are a great source of antioxidants, which are known to be beneficial for brain health. The applesauce is parked with plenty of fiber and hence it plays a crucial role in maintaining a healthy digestive tract. Here is how you can prepare blueberry cornbread muffins.
- Take a 6-cup muffin tin, spray it with nonstick spray and then preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, cornmeal, salt and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, applesauce, sugar and egg in a small bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients with dry ingredients; mix them thoroughly prior to folding in the blueberries and putting them in the 6 muffin cups.
- Pop into the toaster oven and then bake for 20-25 minutes.
4. Spicy salmon sandwich
This lovely dish only takes 10 minutes to prepare. The main ingredients include flat bread or naan, dried sumac, salmon filet, sesame seeds, dried thyme, dried oregano leaves, extra virgin oil and English cucumber. The spicy salmon sandwich is not only delicious but it is also healthy as well. For instance salmon is rich in omega-3-fatty acids and it is also a great source of protein as well. Here is how you can prepare spicy salmon sandwich.
- Cut the salmon into thick slices, lay them towards the center of the flat bread and then add a pinch of salt.
- Sprinkle the salmon evenly with dried thyme, extra virgin oil, sesame seeds and dried oregano seeds.
- Place the flat bread and salmon in the toaster oven
- Turn the toaster oven to broil setting until salmon is properly cooked.
- Remove the bread and the salmon from the toaster oven and spread the English cucumber mixture evenly.
- Roll the sandwich carefully in readiness for eating.
The amount of different recipes that you can experiment with is almost endless. Countertop ovens are not only a great way to prepare wonderful tasting meals, but they can also help you save on your energy bills. The smaller oven space is also easier to clean. At a fraction of the cost of a traditional sized oven, they make a lot more sense to use on an every day basis. You might be surprised at how much a modern toaster oven can handle, but it will be a pleasant surprise that your family will thank you for.